Continual Professional Development
We will always encourage staff to enhance their skills and knowledge in order to improve the services we provide to our clients.
Training, supervision, appraisal and workforce development:
- We are committed to ensure our work force is well trained, motivated and dedicated.
- We have policies in place dedicated to supporting our workforce; these procedures are reflective of the law, regulations and national minimum standards set in place.
- Our behaviours framework is part of the overall strategy for achieving our mission. The framework aims to enhance both individual and organisational performance; it is an integral part of day-to-day work, recruitment, induction, learning and development. The Framework defines the effective core behaviours that all of our staff are expected to demonstrate regardless of their specific role.
- The Framework outlines the observable and measurable behaviours, attributes or qualities that we all display when we approach our work. The behaviour statements provide examples of how we need to perform our roles, rather than what we need to deliver. The skills and knowledge required for each job role are set out in individual job descriptions.
- Having a common understanding of the expected behaviours enables the way we do our job to be assessed and provides clarity when identifying how we can develop ourselves further in order to achieve our full potential and to continue to deliver quality services for our valued customers.
- Every member of staff is inducted to our ways of working and ethos before fully joining the mainstream workforce in their respective disciplines.
- All employees are required and entitled to a monthly supervision, which is conducted by their line managers.
- Once a year, every member of our workforce will have a half-year appraisal followed by an end of year full appraisal by his or her line managers. In accordance with relevant statutes and regulatory framework, we will provide mandatory training to all members of staff in addition to other necessary on-going developmental training and support as identified within supervision and appraisal processes.
- The Managing Director is responsible for supervision and appraisal of the senior management team.